Friday, February 13, 2015

A Picture, My I-Card and A Ghost

You're what you are
A bit of what you've always been
But a tad more than what I took you for

I'm what I am
I fuck anyone in my way to nowhere
Just like that; more perfect than I was before

You're in my mind
In my longing for what I used to be
You're here haunting me, daunting me as always

I read a letter today
It stunk of my tawdriness yesterday
And guess what, I'm more now

Time doesn't soothe, just lapses anyhow 
Like the underdeveloped surface of my tongue 
Wearing off describing what I have done

Mistakes yesterday, pictures today
Both turned pretty as hell for God's sake 
What remains is what is; warm floors then, cold ceilings today 

I should've held it away from my reach
I should've yelled out before you could speak
For a change, I should've listened to nothing but me 

This is what it is
Some of it is what it's always been
Finding ways to bury the rest, but a buried spirit just ages well

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP