Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Star Trek speed


Last Friday I went to PVR Saket to watch Star Trek with a friend. When my this friend, Pammi, and I go to watch a movie on his second hand Pulsar 150, we always get the last night show. Usually, he rides the way up and I bring us back! So basically, I get the "feel ride"! I, selfishly and proudly, get to speed in those few minutes of a mind stimulated by a movie.

And if a movie bursts up thoughts of space, stars, black holes and time travel- you get to ride the extremes of mind stimulation!

To begin with, I am a person who has never seen any single episode of any of the Star Trek seasons. I haven't even watched the Star Trek cartoons ever. So, it took me a few minutes to grasp the theme of Star Trek. When I was at the ticket counter, my only imagination about the movie was a movie with something to do with space ships and explosions and typically saving our good old lonely planet earth in the end, maybe "yet again"!

But Star Trek turned out to be much much more than a kid's space ship craze! Its a complete story, promising complete characters. To me, the only Star Trek thing I have watched (the movie) beautifully captures the concept of "alternate reality", that too in a comic like storyline, so you basically don't feel like blinking at all throughout the movie. You dont want to miss a thing!

Same night when I rode Pammi's bike, I felt it again- the calmness of high speed. No matter how scared is a thought of being unable to take control of a sudden speeding threat when you're speeding your best at that maximum point of energy that the engine under your command can offer, there's no fear, no too much taken mind, no thoughts of falling off and tearing off with friction, not even eyes trying too much to grasp road details swiftly.

Anyway, drama aside. Maybe speed is just comparative!

Its like when you're at zero speed, you initialise your mind throttle with a track like I Will Be Heard by Hatedbreed but at the other end of speed (of your private engine, of course) all you hear is something as meditative as "Confidence in you, is confidence in me, is confidence in high speed"! [Figure out than song yourself! :P]

We reached my place. From there, Pammi alone "travels further" to his place. When I stopped, I figured my legs absorbed the breath of a small engine, radiating out mathematics of all the speed!

Star Trek was awesomatic!
Speed was calm and peaceful!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP