Monday, May 12, 2014

Stubborn and Taken by Surprise

Life is to be thoughtless about death. The irreplaceable ones we lose along the way would want us to live as fully as we would had they been with us. Forward, backwards or sideways, we can always choose in life to find the moment where all consolidates - and makes most sense - and rocket towards it. 

There are movies that build up a theme distinctively well and seem to go completely crazy after intermission. Full Metal Jacket, according to me, is a classic example of a film in which such a change in the second half is carried out perfectly.

In Bollywood though, what I felt about the second half of Aamir Khan-starrer Rang De Basanti - with a crisp change towards an unexpected, dragged ending - was quite much like what I perceived of Dhanush and Sonam Kapoor's Raanjhanaa. Even though I am much more biased towards Raanjhanaa. 

The title of this post describes the first phase of my life. 

I have been stubborn enough: 

To get carried away with my being and hope for the best always
To be sarcastic, moody and unpredictable all at the same time 
To know things were going out of bounds and still not improvise
To love a woman so much that it almost killed me either way
To not see that I was leaking boredom from every pore in my body
To make the most wonderful alliance with a person and let it ruin
To not stop and scream out, 'No', and keep listening from a distance
To never give my mouth a reality check 
To fall in love, stay in love and consume it until it's completely absent
To think the cheer will endure finding me if I act lost
To be a wanna-be and live in denial  for as long as possible
To not be the prince I've always been 
To not hide much to make others believe I qualify to be there with them

But I've had some of the most meaningful moments even being stubborn, just like a prince as always. 

My life, my luck, my experiences, my being - all reached out and hit a threshold perfectly when the lights came in, snatching me back to the fact that I was in a chair watching a film. 

The problem with interest is that once you lose it, everything changes. The elements, the switches or the mere normalcy that make a person flesh and blood vanish. As easy as it is for a child to jump off a chair without much math, it is the exact opposite for a living dead to resuscitate that very nerve for thrill. 

Whether you can or can not make an aching soul whole again into a meaningful person is another argument. 

I guess the best bet - like they say - is to cherish what you have while you have it. 



Life is to be thoughtless about death. The irreplaceable ones we lose along the way would want us to live as fully as we would had they been with us. Forward, backwards or sideways, we can always choose in life to find the moment where all consolidates and rocket towards it.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP